My boy is 6!!!! He is in Kinder, he is 6, he looks more like his daddy every day, and I adore him. He is the world's best 6-year-old Lego Builder. His smile will melt through any attempt at being in a bad mood. He is emotional, inquisitive (boy, is he ever! I'll be surprised if he is NOT an engineer!), tough, focused, bright and asleep at the moment...thank goodness!
His day began with his favorite breakfast...malt o meal with brown sugar on top. I had the great idea to put a candle in it. It worked well, until the candle started melting in the hot cereal. It left a blue puddle in the cereal, but Caleb thought it was great. Then, for lunch, Rylie and I took a Happy Meal to school and ate with him. Unfortunately, the McD's people gave him a girl toy instead of a boy toy...and that's just not okay for his birthday! So, before school was over I had to go back to McD's and exchange the girl toy (Glenda...the good witch) for...yup...good timing...a Batman Lego helicopter thing...thanks for your support, McD's!
That evening, for his party, we went to Chuck E. Cheese and celebrated with his best friend Christopher, who was born on the same day. I managed to still stress over even a simple party! Christopher wanted a Batman theme, and Caleb wanted a Lego theme...so we had both! Only, as I began looking for Lego plates/napkins, I quickly learned that no one carries them. Guess they don't exist...at least not in San Antonio! So, the Batman Lego party turned into a party with a Batman Lego cake, Batman and Transformers balloons, and Darth Vader party plates and napkins. Caleb and Christopher were both happy, though!
I love you, my Caleb. Happy 6th birthday!
(By the way, I'm experimenting with photo albums. I don't know why the photo is so big...but click on it to see the rest of the pics. Thanks for the Photobucket suggestion, Kathryn...love you, friend, and may you get make it to Houston soon...)
Spinning Blooms Mini
10 years ago


1 comment:
Awww! I really can't believe he's 6! I feel like it was just yesterday that we met you guys and he was still in a car seat, probably younger than Benjamin is now. Looks like you threw a great party!
Post a Comment