Monday, November 17, 2008

"Jesus Takes a Shower for our Sins"

Sunday was Caleb's first time to celebrate the Lord's Supper since asking Jesus to come into his heart. It was only Bethany's second time! I wish we did it more often. Todd and I enjoyed a sweet time of praying with our kids and teaching them about the symbolism of the cracker and the grape juice.

While Bethany was busily sticking her tongue as far as it would go into the little cup (didn't want to leave even one drop! I remember doing this as a kid too, and wanting more because I was still thirsty!!), I heard Todd and Caleb talking about Jesus' blood forgiving us of all of our sins. Todd is so good with symbolism, and explaining things to the kids in ways that make sense in their little world. So, at one point in the conversation, I heard Caleb saying that "Jesus does not need to take another shower for our sins (in other words, to wash them away), because He already did it on the cross".

What an honor it is to teach our kids about Jesus...and even though it sounds a little strange, Caleb gets it! Jesus paid the ultimate price for us when He gave His life on the cross...to wash away our sins. Without His blood, we would all need to remove our sins on our own (and there's no shower strong enough to do that!!). Thank you, Lord, that you have already done that for us, and we simply need to accept...with the faith of a child.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Thanks for stopping by. I don't know how much help I was, but glad you found me. I took a peek over at your website. Very cute stuff.

Have a blessed day!